?Bug in dselect/dselect-ftp?

When ever I use dselect to update or install packages on my system, it
seems to clober the FTP.pm perl file.  It always bombs out by saying
something like "unexpected return on line..."

It is easy for me to fix, but this is also weird.  I have said libwww and
libnet, but just installing one won't fix the problem, and installing one
after another doesn't work either, just when I do dpkg -i lib*.deb in a
directory with just them does it fix the problem, until the nex time I
run dselect, and it will work once, and then the next time I run dselect
it bombs out again.

Any Ideas.

Shaya
--