Re: dpkg-verify?

In <199611031739.MAA08197@unix3.netaxs.com> Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com> writes:

> What are the goals?

SCO systems have a "fixperms" command that has been proven to be very
useful over the years.  It's amazing the number of ways that a file
can get the wrong permissions or owner.  Especially when you have a
less than expert running the system.  I have used it a lot more times
to fix up other peoples problems than my own, but I have still used it
once and a while.  It is a lot faster than restoring from a backup and
the permissions, owner, and group is usually much shorter than the
path (especially if you use default values).

-wayne

--
Wayne Schlitt can not assert the truth of all statements in this
article and still be consistent.