Re: dpkg-buildpackage and joe

On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> I am converting the joe package to the new source format and have run into
> a strange problem.

What version of tar are you using?  tar 1.11.11 is a beta that changes
tar's behavior in all sorts of terrible ways.  GNU accidentally
released it and then withdrew it.  Use 1.11.8-5.

The 1.11.11 is currently in our experimental directory, but I think
I'll just remove it considering GNU mirrors show 1.11.8 as the latest
version again.

Guy