Re: How to have Source: and Package: be different in control?

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Yves Arrouye wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am building a package which will provide different binaries packages, and
> tried to use a control file like:
>
> Source: php
> Section: net
> Maintainer: Yves Arrouye <arrouye@debian.org>
> Standards-Version: 2.0.1.0
>
> Package: php-module
> Architecture: any
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, apache (>= 1.1.1)
>   This package provides a PHP/FI module for the Apache server. PHP/FI
>   provides a way to embed scripts in special HTML files (with the .phtml
>   extension by default), and to have these scripts run when the files
>   are accessed. The scripts can do a lot of things including producing
>   images and accessing databases.
>   .
>   Features enabled in this module include DBM, mSQL and Postgres 95
>   uses. There is no need for the corresponding libraries as the module
>   is statically linked against them.
>
> However, when I try to build, dpkg-gencontrol complains that my source
> package has two different names: php and php-module. What I want to do is
> to have php as source (because that's the name of the package, php-2.0b6)
> and then build php-module, php-cgi, etc. How can I do that?

I just finished converting the pine package over to the new source format
and had no trouble. However the packages I built were pine, pico, and
imapd. I suspect that at least one package in the group must have the name
of the source, although the rational for such a thing escapes me. Can you
name at least one of the packages the same as the source?

Luck,

Dwarf