Re: Do we ever retire packages?

> >Remove them.
>
> Move them to project/obsolete or some such.

Better would be to restructure the archive somehow and name things
correctly.  I 'm still think something like this would be better:

stable/       /admin
              /base
              /comm
stable-extra/ /contrib
              /non-free -> .../non-free
              /obsolete
              /experimental
              /and other names which don't fit in the above

unstable/       /admin
                /base
                /comm
unstable-extra/ /contrib
                /non-free -> .../non-free
                /obsolete
                /experimental
                /and other names which don't fit in the above

This will leave us two main entries for all the packages in a distribution.
The problem with stable and unstable non-free/contrib packages will
disappear (they will be included in the releases approach we are following).
non-free and contrib will get the same status as the other sections like
base, admin and comm &c.  This will make the structure far more consistent.

Erick