Newer version of gdb and binutils?

Hi,
there have been newer versions of these two programs out for some time
now:
gdb-4.16 (current in Debian: 4.15)
binutils-2.7 (current in Debian: 2.6)

David, are you working on debianizing the newer versions? I'm pretty much
interested in a newer binutils, because the current Debian version does
not generate correct code for the 68060 processor (like the current 2.0.18
kernel on accelerated m68k machines). A patch to gdb-4.16 has also been made
available by Andreas Schwab to make it compile on m68k. If you want, I
can send it to you.

Thanks,
Frank