Re: BSD lpr vs. LPRng

On Aug 28, 11:56pm, Bdale Garbee wrote:
} Subject: Re: BSD lpr vs. LPRng
} In article <199608282049.WAA16714@os.inf.tu-dresden.de> you wrote:
} :
} : The only incompatibility is that you might have to add a :bk: entry to
} : the printcap in order to print to a BSD-lpd-based network printer.
}
} I care a lot about compatibility with other BSD'ish lpd-based systems.  I
} could live with this easily.

Especially if LPRng's postinst does that for us ;-). But does it mean
the BSD lpr should be obsoleted?

BTW, has anybody heard about a free lp spooler?

Yves.

--
Yves Arrouye                          Email: Yves.Arrouye@marin.fdn.fr
7, avenue Leon Bollee                Web: http://www.fdn.fr/~yarrouye/