Re: dpkg manuals in other formats and on web site

On Mon, 2 Sep 1996, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Since noone has answered my question I've done what seemed the right
> thing:
>
> The next dpkg upload will be accompanied by the manuals in gzipped
> PostScript (formatted for A4) and HTML in gzipped tarfiles, as
> separate files in the upload.

I didn't see anything wrong with this the first time you posted it.
(Apparently no one else did either) I have assumed that the seperate
packaging was for those who only want the documents and don't wish to
unpack dpkg to get it. It should also allow linking it with the web site,
without the rest of dpkg.
Thank you, Ian, for your wonderful effort in producing this fine manual.
I'm sure we will be reading it any time we are uncertain (or challenged)
about proper package building. I know that I will.

Thanks again,

Dwarf