Re: CC's on this mailing list

I wrote earlier:
> Indeed, but it's the principle that matters. Spam isn't costing me
> all that much either, but I still get furious when I get it.

Dirk pointed out that equating a couple of superfluous Cc's from
debian-devel with spam isn't exactly polite. Sorry, I was writing too
quickly again.

Spam does make furious, extra Cc's from mailing lists don't. They
just annoy me (see signature), and in theory they do cost me a bit.
Not enough to make me worry about it, but enough to write kilobyte after
kilobyte about it.

I do wish that people wouldn't Cc me when I read the mailing list. I feel
that it is good netiquette not to do that.

This may be a mark that we or I don't think there is enough real problems
with Debian. Hm, perhaps the three month release schedule is one: we have
one month left for the next release, and we're just about to make a big
change in source packaging? Perhaps it would be better to wait an extra
month for this occasion only?

--
Rural sizes win <liw@iki.fi> <http://www.iki.fi/liw/>