Re: New package standards - LAST CALL

You (Bruce Perens) wrote:
> Miquel:
> > If they don't react [to the request to convert to the new source package]
> > in say 2 weeks, someone else can do it (I'll take some) like David did
> > during the transition from a.out to ELF.
>
> Thanks for volunteering! Please make sure to merge the multi-architecture
> patches while you do that.

Why do you think I'm volunteering :) I have ported all the base packages
to Debian/Alpha and there are a lot of diffs to merge in anyway. It's
probably easier for me to repackage everything and upload it then to
get all the maintainers to accept my patches. Well faster anyway.
As an added bonus all these packages then have GNU libc support so when
libc6 comes out for the i386 it will be just a matter of recompiling.

Expect the first Debian/Alpha machine on the net later today or tomorrow !

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/