Re: CC's on this mailing list

Yves Arrouye:
> Then actually it makes it hard in these mailes to reply to just the
> list.

It's easy to delete addresses, difficult to copy them.

Whether public or private replies are more common depends on the writer,
not the list. I make a fair number of private answers.

Checking your To and Cc is just the same as checking your Newsgroups line.
You _must_ do it, whether there is a Reply-to or not. Basic courtesy and
self-preservation.

I fear there is no objectively best answer for this problem. Perhaps
mail needs a Followup-to header.

I've been on lists that have a Reply-to to the list. It's horrible enough
that it actually deters me from replying at all.

--
Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> <http://www.iki.fi/liw/>