Re: Documentation formats

Bruce Perens writes ("Re:  Documentation formats"):
> I am aware of your efforts with linuxdoc.sgml, and I think it's important
> to make it clear that HTML is only the end-product. It's fine to encourage
> people to use linuxdoc as a source language.

Err, yes, errm, I think you've missed my point(s) rather.

The thing is that I think we need to be able to distribute other
end-products.  HTML is bad for printing, for example, and not ideal
if you have a slow machine.   Choice is a good thing.

I think we need some kind of convention for the distribution of
additional end-product documentation formats.  Hence my last message.

BTW, I'm not using linuxdoc-sgml any more.  In the end I wrote my own
DTD (well, hacked up linuxdoc until it was a quarter of the size) and
backends.

Ian.