Re: Pb: gdb cannot read core from 2.0.8 (is it a gdb or kernel problem)?

You (Yves Arrouye) wrote:
> GDB 4.15.1 (i486-linux), Copyright 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
>
> "0¨´
>     @/core": not in executable format: File format not recognized
>
> So there's a problem there. Do you have an idea about who is faulty? Gdb?

As I understand it, the way you call gdb is

gdb [executable] [its core file]

preferrably with [executable] compiled with -g and linked statically

I doubt that gdb can read core files without an accompanying executable..

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/