Re: Package priority: Extra/Optional

On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, joost witteveen wrote:

>    $ grep -i "Priority: Extra" Packages|wc -l
>        179
>    $ grep -i "Priority: Optional" Packages|wc -l
>        230
>    $ pwd
>    /home/ftp/pub/Linux/Debian/unstable/binary-i386

Most of the extra packages are misfiled.  They were entered into the
package hierarchy before the current uploading mechanism was in place.

I plan to go through the packages, directory by directory, and check
the priorities (and sections).  I'll have this done before 1.2 is
released.

Only appropriate packages are entering extra now.

Guy