Re: xpdf needs an entry in mailcap

  Dirk> As the priority of mime-support is "standard" and therefore higher
  Dirk> than the one of xpdf ("extra"), I'll add a "Depends:
  Dirk> mime-support". If anybody has a problem with that, mail me soon, or
  Dirk> file a bug report later ...

  Brian>  If you put the "if" clause around the calls to "install-mime", then
  Brian> you don't have to actually depend on 'mime-support'.

That is correct. But would I want this? Now that we have mime-support,
shouldn't I depend on it? It really is a useful feature. I find it reasonable
to enfore this via Depends. Otherwise it fails silently and we gain nada.

BTW: I currently use what you posted earlier as calls to install-mime, but
added a ">/dev/null" as I don't like the verbosity too much. As the output of
	# grep install-info /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.postrm | grep -v quiet
is empty on my machine, I think you should add a switch --quiet.

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                             http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd