Re: fileutils can now replace perforate...

Hello,

I have a question on that topic. I think sparse files are simply generated
by lseek'ing over a block of zeros, which will automatically converted to
sparse files by filesystems which support it (actually they could even
create them if the notice blocks filled with 0's but dont do it). The
question is, which filesystem generates sparse files and has problems with
it? Generally, wht is the problem with sparse files? They seem to be
completely transparent to me (except for cluttering the disk, perhaps).

Greetings
Bernd