Re: /etc/sysconf ? /etc/<somethingelse> ?

Hi,

	I'm confused.  Is /etc not the directory where the system
configuration is kept, and thus the place for programs to look into
for startup files? or is /etc the place where the user may logically
find and modify conf-files, and the new directory being proposed be
the place for startup files not necesarily modified by the user?
(Lord, I can't even phrase the question cogently).

	manoj

--
"My father was an amazing man.  The older I got, the smarter he got."
-- Mark Twain %%