Re: loopback device ownership

Hi,

	This is slightly off topic, but I started working on a
modification of the rootdisk.sh script in boot-flopies package to
create a 2.8MB root image (using a ramdisk) and then load a kernel
image which uses ramdisks, and the root image created above, to
generate a single floppy rescue disk. I wanted to add tar, dump, and
cpio to this (hence the requirement for the 2.8 M).

	Unfortunately, I got side-tracked by the kernel-package
scripts, and decided to let boot-floppies mature, so I don't have a
working rescue-disk-creation script yet.

	Would there be any interest in such a beast? The advantage of
basing this on the boot-floppies package is that one may take
advantage of the stellar work Bruce has already done on the debian
boot floppies.

	manoj

--
Memory: what wonders it performs in preserving and storing up things
gone by or rather, things that are!  -- Plutarch