Re: xtel config problem

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Christophe Le Bars wrote:

> I've made the xtel Debian package, but there are still somes problems...
>
> Indeed, xtel can only work if:
>
>         - there is this line in /etc/services (netbase package)
> xtel            1313/tcp                # french minitel
>
>         - this one in /etc/inetd.conf (netbase package)
> xtel            stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/X11/bin/xteld      xteld

I believe that there are standard ways of adding entries to these files -
see the Guidelines.

>         - and this one /etc/X11/XF86CONFIG (xbase package)...
>
> FontPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/xtel"

Hmm. Maybe I should extend the mechanism for installing font packages to
allow extra packages to register fonts and make sure that they get
included in the appropriate configuration files. (They have to be
included in the font server configuration file too.)

> I don't know if these lines should be add in netbase and xbase package or
> if i must add these lines with a postint script...

For now, add this line to /etc/X11/XF86Config with a postinst script
(asking the user first). I'll think about how to do this properly, and
get back to you.

Steve Early
sde1000@cam.ac.uk