Re: Inclusion of kernel version in kernel package names: A followup

In article <[🔎] gvx20knn4ye.fsf@diamond.pilgrim.umass.edu> you wrote:
:  I could unbundle the support scripts in the package database,
:  if people wish to build their own private image packages.

This might be nice.  I sometimes have reason to want to go grab the latest
kernel source to try something out, and I've never wanted to have to deal with
patching the kernel from where I last was up to current, it's easier given the
infrequency with which I do this to just go grab a new snapshot... ergo, having
the ability to easily overlay the debianization on a new kernel source tree
and build an image package instead of just building a kernel would be pretty
useful to me.

Bdale