MIME support

As I said I would several weeks ago, I've built a "mime-support" package
that includes "mime.types" and "mailcap".  Other packages that need these
files can depend upon this package and then expect those files in /etc.

I'm thinking of adding a script similar to "install-info" that will allow
new packages to add details about themselves to the "mailcap" file.  Thus,
the 'xv' package could install itself as a viewer for ".gif", ".jpg", and
other files.

Offhand, I can't think of any programs that would add to the "mime.types"
file.

Any comments?

                                        Brian
                               ( bcwhite@verisim.com )