Seg faults and Bash

I just loaded up the new Bash (1.14.6-3) several days ago, and since
then, several things are seg faulting that never did before:

1. Sometimes when exiting from su, after typing exit the disk grinds for
several seconds and then seg faults. Typing exit again succeeds in
returning to the user prompt.

2. Apropos seg faults all the time.

In addition; from a discussion on linux-kernel, it appears that:

cat <(date)

fails to work properly under versions of bash earlier than 1.14.6 and has
been reported to work properly in 1.14.6.
Under 1.14.6-3 this command fails to return the bash prompt after
displaying the date. ^C will return the prompt.

I am not at all convinced that bash is the culprit, I only have guilt by
association. Any pointers?

TIA,

Dwarf