Re: curses/termcap (was gdbm vs db)

> >The problem with using termcap is that some programs will use
> >/etc/termcap and others will use /usr/lib/terminfo.  I'd rather see
> >effort put into fixing the termcap emulation bugs in ncurses rather
> >than into maintaining and perpetuating termcap.
>
> I'd echo this.

I have only one reservation. The termcap emulation in ncurses
is huge compared with libtermcap. For some applications, I
am not sure if I want those baggaes.

gdb uses termcap. termcap is small and working fine. ncurses
is too big even if with the termcap emulation bug fixes when
they are ever fixed :-(.

BTW, I use statically linked gdb for obvious reasons.

H.J.