Re: disaster upgrading to elf

> My system is still dead in the water.  The problem with tar (bug
> #2146) prevents me from restoring my system from tape.

I can't duplicate your problem with tar-1.11.8-3.  I just tried a handful of
test cases and they all did what I expected.

I didn't create the -1 package, but several bugs that existed in it got
"fixed" magically when I recompiled with fresher gcc and/or libc bits for the
ELF packages.

I suggest you try tar-1.11.8-3 from the ALPHA-TEST tree.  If you have trouble
with it, please let me know and I'll try to investigate further.

Bdale