Re: fdisk, lilo problems

Interesting. What vintage of disk is this? The new IDE disks report
back a heads/sectors/cylinders number that is entirely synthetic as
they map more sectors on the outer tracks than the inner ones and they
transparently and autonomously relocate bad blocks, and the geometry is
deeply buried after that. It sounds like your disk is an older one,
and your BIOS isn't helping the situation.

I believe the new fdisk only cares that partitions begin on a track
boundary for DOS compatibility, but I haven't experimented much.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> Pixar Animation Studios
Toy Story: > US$161M domestic box office receipts so far.