Re: Shared Library Section

   I've noticed that many (if not all) shared libraries exist under
   the "devel" section.  I agree that the development versions
   (i.e. lib-dev files) should be there, but I think the shared ones
   should be placed elsewhere.

This is a good point.

   I'm not sure what section the libraries should go under.  Maybe
   "base"?

I'd say the essential libraries need to go under base.  Non-essential
shared libraries (like the proposed slang shared library) so go under
misc.

--
   "It is error alone which needs the support of government.  Truth
can stand by itself."