Re: beware sysvinit 2.58 installation

'Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:'
>I've changed the postinst script to create a symbolic link in /var/log,
>so that it will (hopefully) work in all cases. It is also backwards
>compatible with other programs (UPS watchdogs etc) this way.
>
>If I don't get any replies saying "this is a bad idea" I'll upload
>the new version this afternoon (MET).

You might consider putting the symbolic link in the main installation
rather than the postinst (I may be wrong but having dpkg manage the
file seems easier administratively).  And I think relative symbolic
links are to be preferred too.  But no objection (from me :) in any
case.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley            |    UNIX SIG Leader at PACS
cjf@netaxs.com (finger me!)        |    (Philadelphia Area Computer Society)