Re: ALPHA-TEST permissions

A few weeks ago, I said...

   Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 10:38:18 -0500 (EST)
   From: Ian Murdock <imurdock@debian.org>

   Well, we appear to have two options.  We can (1) leave the development
   release in an unreadable directory, as it is at present; or (2) move the
   development release back into a readable directory, making it clear that
   it's still under development.

   Personally, I prefer (2).  I don't want to make the development release
   inaccessible or even hard to get.  I want to make sure that everyone (who
   knows what they're getting into!) can get it and install it.  The current
   situation doesn't allow that, as a number of people have complained about
   on debian-user.

   I'll give people another day or so to comment on this.  If there are no
   serious objections during this time, I'm going to move the release back
   into /debian.

I didn't want to do this over the holidays, so it won't be happening
until this Friday.  (I'll make an official announcement later today,
so that mirror sites can be prepared.)