Re: Script to fix library dependencies

Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org> writes:

> Here is a script that fixes the .shlibs files in
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.shlibs according to what we discussed recently.

This script makes an assumption that is ONLY guaranteed for libc5 -
that the soname is the name and first number and that the interface is
compatible among the first two numbers.

I don't recommend running this script.  Resulting packages may have
broken dependency information.

Instead, the appropriate packages should have their .shlibs files
fixed.  For example, the libc5 in both rex and bo should use version
5.4.0-0.

Guy