Debian 1.2 breaks INN, UUCP

Hello,

For some reason, the compress progam is missing from Debian 1.2.

This deletion was made WITHOUT WARNING to me.

INN and UUCP both depend upon that program.

Not having it available has BROKEN my newsfeed.  I didn't even notice it until
I happened to notice that a lot of very small news packets were being queued
for UUCP transfer.

OK, so I figured "I hope my newsfeed supports gzip."  So I go to
/etc/news/send-uucp.cf and tell it to use gzip.  But Debian's send-uucp
program ignores /etc/news/send-uucp.cf.  I had to change over to the
send-uucp.pl program (I would suggest that send-uucp.pl be made the default in
the "news" crontab from now on)

Regards,
John Goerzen

--
John Goerzen          | System administrator & owner, The Communications
Custom programming    | Centre and Complete Network (complete.org)