Uh oh, I think there is a bug in perl

I think there is a very serious bug in perl.  Joey Hess reported a bug
against xanim b/c install-mime died when he updated it and xanim.
However I just updateing a bunch of info stuff and I got similar errors.
I think it died b/c I was updating perl at the same time.  'm appending
the errors that dpkg reported when I did the big update.  However, when I
reinstalled the info stuff they installed prefectly.

Preparing to replace info 3.7-1 (using
.../binary-i386/doc/info_3.9-1.deb) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/info.prerm: /usr/sbin/install-info: No such file or
directory
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 126
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/prerm: /usr/sbin/install-info: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing debian/unstable/binary-i386/doc/info_3.9-1.deb
(--install
):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 126
/var/lib/dpkg/info/info.postinst: /usr/sbin/install-info: No such file or
direct
ory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 126
Preparing to replace texidoc 3.7-1 (using .../text/texidoc_3.9-1.deb) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/texidoc.prerm: /usr/sbin/install-info: No such file or
direct
ory
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 126
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/prerm: /usr/sbin/install-info: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing debian/unstable/binary-i386/text/texidoc_3.9-1.deb
(--ins
tall):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 126
var/lib/dpkg/info/texidoc.postinst: /usr/sbin/install-info: No such file
or dir
ectory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 126
Preparing to replace texinfo 3.7-1 (using .../text/texinfo_3.9-1.deb) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/texinfo.prerm: /usr/sbin/install-info: No such file or
direct
ory
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 126
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/prerm: /usr/sbin/install-info: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing debian/unstable/binary-i386/text/texinfo_3.9-1.deb
(--ins
tall):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 126
/var/lib/dpkg/info/texinfo.postinst: /usr/sbin/install-info: No such file