"Freezing" non-free and contrib

Some time ago someone suggested to include the non-free and contrib
directories in the main distribution tree. Some acceptable
philosophical reasons were objected. However, we have to separate the
non-free and contrib which go with the release (rex) from the
non-free and contrib which are in development. This will cut many
questions regarding packages from non-free and contrib depending on
unstable packages. Many users "cannot find them anywhere in the

We should do this ASAP before rex and bo diverge too much. How about
non-free-stable, contrib-stablem and non-free-devel, contrib-devel ?