Re: More on shadow passwords

Tom Lees writes:
> I just had another thought. This will probably be needed for the base
> system in Debian 1.3 - we need to make sure that the primary user
> generated at installation is in the group 'root', so that he/she can use
> the shadow 'su' immediately.

Not necessarily. Right now the shadow-su is installed with option

in /etc/login.defs, so everyone can use it to su to root. Once this option
is set to 'yes', the feature will be activated.

Michael Meskes                         | Projekt-Manager
meskes@topsystem.de                    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@debian.org                      | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20
Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux!     | 52146 Wuerselen