Should editors provide "editor"?

It was recently argued by some people that all editors should provide the
virtual package "editor".  Then some people argued back that editors should
not do this.  I have not heard what I consider an official policy statement.
Since I maintain two packages which are editors, and since neither of these
packages provide the virtual package "editor", I hope that we can get an
Official policy statement.  Is this a bug that I should fix now, before
Debian 1.2 gets released, or did I do the right thing by not providing it?
Bruce, can we have a decision on this one?

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen        Web:    http://www.et.byu.edu/~andersee/
2485 South State St.    email:  andersee@et.byu.edu or andersee@debian.org

This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.