Re: Please do not use Qt (fwd)

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Erik B. Andersen:
> I don't understand why everybody is getting their underware in a
> wad over Qt.

Qt has a license that makes it uncomfortable for freeware. That
some of its problems may be fixable via inheritance it not
good enough.  If at any point we would need to fix any of the
base classes (for example, to support a new architecture),
we couldn't. We'd have to wait for Troll Tech to fix it
instead. That means we can't support it ourselves, which means
we can't put it in the main distribution.  Sorry.

Use V instead.

> As I read their license it seems to encourage GPLed software.

However, the GPL seems to be incompatible with it. Sorry.