Re: Xt xterm security hole

Joey Hess writes:
-> > 3) There's no xaw3D or xaw95 6.1 libs, which means that the athena
-> >    replacements get overriden by the new 3.2 libs
-> Fixing #3 is quite easy. To get xaw3d to work, I made a one line change to
-> debian/rules and rebuilt the package. I'd guess xaw95 is similar.
->

I'm assuming this means simply building the old libs with the new
soname.  If I'm wrong, please correct me, but it sounds more like a
workaround than a fix.  I thought I had heard of an updated xaw3D for
R6.1, but I could be mistaken?

Anyways, I guess this would be acceptable as a workaround, although it
would make me more comfortable to have an Xaw3D based on R6.1 :)

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/