Re: Security hole in setuid packages
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Security hole in setuid packages
- From: "Bernd Eckenfels" <mail.inka.de!lina!lina.inka.de!lists>
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 22:54:56 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <m0vOWDx-0004ijC@lina>
- In-reply-to: <m0vOV5s-000SmIC@proton.pathname.com> from "Daniel Quinlan" at Nov 15, 96 12:42:00 pm
> > Are these "vulnerable programs" ? Please, tell me why.
> Probably not.
AFAIK there _was_ a security problem in one of the first versions of mandb. On
some systems it was SUID root. There are less SUID programs whitout security
problems (even suid perl had some:)
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com