debmake and the Dpkg Programmer's Manual

From: Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
>>  * debmake
> I haven't looked at debmake.  I'd want to before it was mentioned in
> the official manual.

Take my word. It's a good program and it's worth including. I now use it
to build all of my packages. It appears to conform to your package building
style, in fact it installs a skeleton debian/rules that is derived from your
hello package. It accellerates package development, handles many of the
mechanical tasks automaticaly, and checks stuff the package developer would
often miss when building a package entirely by hand.

At this point I would recommend that maintainers _always_ use it when they
start to build new packages.

Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com