Re: ~/x

Christian Hudon wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:
>
> > Please use the locale name for <lang>, as is done with /usr/man
> > and other directories containing text.
>
> Not to be pedantic, but why do all these use the locale name instead
> of only the ISO language abbreviation? ...
> After all, this is a question of language, and not of country.
>
>   Christian, LC_ALL=fr_CA

Considering that the upstream of the manpages uses only the iso639, I
think that there was a decision about that on this list. But I missed
that and I wasn't able to find it on the archives.
Is there anyone who wants to summarize it?

I don't want to start a debate without knowing the arguments.

Fabrizio
| e-mail: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@debian.org         |
| http://megabaud.fi/~fpolacco/   Join the UKI Linux Project! |
| fingerprint 70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63 7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@master.debian.org  |