Re: Perl 5.003.07-2 and r/o /usr/local

Darren/Torin/Who Ever... wrote:

> Fabrizio Polacco, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
> >
> >I suggest that you simply mount ro the diskette ...
>
> I can't do that; don't you think I would if I could?

indeed, I was wondering why.

> I have some stuff that still isn't converted to use /var and
> regularly writes to /usr/local.
> I make it r/o and other software goes *BOOM*.

This is ... oh.
It's a five minutes try. I'll download 07-2 tonight or tomorrow and I
will mount an old RedHat root partition under /usr/local before
upgrading.
Should I purge my 5.002-10 to do the test?
I've not seen the 07-2 announce to changes ... where is it? Incoming?

Fabrizio
| e-mail: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@debian.org         |
| http://megabaud.fi/~fpolacco/   Join the UKI Linux Project! |
| fingerprint 70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63 7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@master.debian.org  |