Epochs and dpkg-buildpackage...

Hi all,

I was going to build svgalib-1.2.10 with an epoch, to compensate for a
badly constructed previous version number.  So, I gave the version
1:1.2.10-1 in the changelog, and went to build the package (the source
was in svgalib-1.2.10).  When I went to build the packages, it built
all the files as <package>_1.2.10-1.<foo> (It creates 4 binary + 1
source package, all with different names).  So far, so good. However,
when dpkg-buildpackage went to PGP sign the .dsc and .changes files,
it included the epoch in the package name, which meant that it didn't
find it, and thus failed to work.  Is this a bug?  I'm assuming that
the actual package names are correct, as it seems the epoch is an
internal-only thing, and from the view of the casual user, the package
should look like version 1.2.10-1.

-Larry
--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/