bug in gdb package's debian/rules file

The rules file refers to config.guess without supplying a leading './'.  As
a result, when building from an account that does not have '.' in the PATH
environment variable, 'config.guess' is not found and the build exhibits
massively incorrect behaviour.

In the case of gdb, it causes the build process to delete the freshly
'installed' tree of resources;  ie-- it removes debian/tmp/usr!

Needless to say, this hampers the packaging process slightly!

[Yes;  I shouldn't be building as root... I'm lame and haven't installed
sudo-- doing that now]

I guess it is time I figure out how to:

- generate a correct key for pgp
- supply REAL bug reports to debian-bugs
- correctly maintain packages

A tutorial [no, not helloworld] would be helpful... just a step-by-step to
fully debianizing one's development process [yes, i read *all* of
policy.html-- btw: shouldn't it be named policy.htmld?]

b.bum