Re: default font problems with sharefont and freefont

> How do I set the default font under X? Sharefont and freefont install
> fonts that are subsequently taken by some applications as
> their default font but these fonts are not really suitable for the
> purposes the applications use them for.

There is no way to uniformly select a font as default. Each program may
use different resources for a font.
The most usual resource name used ends with .font, so setting e.g.
*font: lucidatypewriter-14
will have an effect on most programs. Nevertheless this does not hold
for all programs using X.
If no resource is used, usually 'fixed' is used.

	Helmut