Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Brian C. White wrote:

> Eventually I'd like to start disallowing packages that have outstanding
> bugs older than a certain date.

This could cause problems with some packages. Pine, for instance, has
several "real" bugs reported that will probably never get fixed. Some of
these can't be fixed localy either, like "No free pine package".
Please note, it would probably make my life easier if the pine package
were disallowed, but I don't think that it is a good idea.
In the case of bugs that truely impact the functionality of a package,
when the maintainer of record is unable to deal with it you might post a
general announcement and see if anyone else has the time/skills to fix the
problem.

Thanks,

Dwarf