Re: Starting up nfs?

Hi,

> make the servers load by default (or, alternitavely, put "K20netstd_nfs" links
> in /etc/rc?.d, not S20netstd_nfsd. The setup now seems to be somewhat confusing

I have a suggestion for this. Create a new init.d file for nfs. Add "enable"
and "disable" to all the init.d scripts.

/etc/init.d/nfs enable

will run update-rc to install itself in /etc/rcX.d/. Therefore you can
savely enable and diable startup modules without the need to rember the
Sxxbla (especially the xx) links. All Packages which now start the daemon
can then wait for the start till "enable" is used.

I had the problwem with xntp (installed for ntpdate), snmp (installed for
the tools, bind (installed for dig).

Greetings
Bernd