Re: * Debian Releases *

'Brian C. White wrote:'

>I think we have a problem with our release schedule.
>
>The way this seems to work is that 3 months go by, the release is announced,
>and then everybody tries to decide what should go in it.  The result is
>a lot of confusion, and lot of rushing around, and probably not the best
>"stable" release.
>
>So...  I propose:
>
> - We make a list of all things that need to be done to the distribution
>   as a whole.
>
> - Anything that can be completed and tested quickly (i.e. 1-2 weeks)
>   should be done and 1.2 should be released.
>
> - Of what remains, we decide what can be done (and tested!) in 3 months
>   for the 1.3 release.
>
>Now, ideally this list would be maintained and enforced by the project
>leader.  (Sorry, Bruce :-).

Someone should write some software for managing projects like this!
Since we only rarely have need for "enforcement", the software should
encourage collective agreement wrt the task list and work needing.
Anyone know of any software like this?

--
Christopher J. Fearnley            |    Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com, cjf@onit.net       |    UNIX SIG Leader at PACS