Re: Questions regarding the base system

[ I'd like to point out the last line of my signature to various
  participants of this discussion. Thank you. ]

Bruce Perens:
> It's nice to have the root mail directed to the proper place as soon as
> the system is activated, since many daemons send mail.

It's also _really_ nice to have a user account as soon as possible,
because otherwise lots of people won't create one. Remember: most
Linux users aren't Unix hackers. They must be taught at once that
logging in as root is exceptional.

It's good to make it optional (but the strong default should be that
the user is created), but please don't remove it.