Re: Questions regarding the base system

On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> Why would the base system create a user? I am running the base system
> and a few other things on some unit here that should not allow anything
> going on except superuser logins.

As I remember, the user is created to provide a "person" to send mail to
regarding any installation problems.

These questions pecking around at the base system are somewhat confusing.
It would help those of us who are trying to speak to these issues if we
knew what your goals are in this discussion. What overall issue are we
discussing here?

Luck,

Dwarf