Re: Uploading packages via e-mail?

On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Michael Meskes wrote:

> Dale Scheetz writes:
> > As long as you have no forward on your master account you could mail it
> > there and then telnet to master and move it into Incoming. However, most
> > packages are probably to large to do this very effectively.
>
> Won't work because telnetting is even more difficult.

No kidding... I uploaded some stuff last night (should have been a "quiet
net") and it took "forever" to move about 300K. I'm in the US, so it
doesn't seem to have anything to do with long overseas connectivity. I did
a traceroute and found myself actually closer to master than the last time
I checked (14 hops vs 27 hops previously)
I use mc to ftp with (like the file window). Last night most of the time
was consumed "reading directories" between each transfer.
This leads me to believe that the problem may actually be with master.
Any ideas?

Luck,

Dwarf