Experimental package procps 1.09 uploaded to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is a test release of the next major procps release. As most changes
have been made by myself, this will be handled as a debian-specific package
I need some people to test this (mostly for stupid errors I made and on
different architectures. I think it may be very likely that things
may be different on an Alpha) on their machines. The package uses
teh version number 1.09, though I think it very likely that the
next major release will be 2.0.
This package of procps introduces the following new functionality:
- completely configurable field selection for both ps and top
- color markup for ps and top (see ps_color.7)
- POSIX(SVR4) command line arguments supported for ps, selected via
the environment variable PS_PERSONALITY
- support for all process information offered by procps
- configurable field width
- rewritten manpages for ps and top.
This package doesn't use a shared library for libproc for now.
If you want to test it, be aware that there are probably still some
problems with this package.
Please do not bother Chuck Blake <email@example.com> with bug reports about
this package, use the debian bug report scheme.
here is the changes file for this upload:
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 14:26:57 +0200
Architecture: source i386
Maintainer: Helmut Geyer <Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de>
procps - The /proc file system utilities.
procps (1.09-0) experimental; urgency=low
* This is an experimental release of the procps suite. A lot of features have
been added since the 1.01(a) release:
- support for both BSD and POSIX (SVR4) style command line options.
- completely configurable display of information.
- colour markup of processes exceeding limits or belonging to a user.
Please take a look at /usr/doc/procps/NEWS and the manpages for a concise
list. This is how the next upstream release of procps may look
(i.e. it will look like this if there is not too much resistance).
a2e36dcd87933458707c7ffeba7a10e0 547 base required procps_1.09-0.dsc
d51b45fc1dab2735be4f324dc59fba70 224904 base required procps_1.09.tar.gz
4d7f40f7908adfac06c454e3e54cae1a 138292 base required procps_1.09-0_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Helmut Geyer Helmut.Geyer@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
public PGP key available : finger firstname.lastname@example.org
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com